Ed Yang is currently a partner of iD Ventures America LLC 智融美洲.
Ed retired in 2005 after over 25 years of services with Hewlett-Packard Company in Silicon Valley. Since then, Ed has been serving as advisor to a number of technology organizations, as well as independent board member for several public (Lite-On 光寶集團) and private companies.
Ed is also very active in serving the communities. He is a founding member of the SVT Angels. He servedon the Engineering Industry Advisory Board of the College of Engineering of San Jose State University. He served on the Board of Director of the San JoseTechMuseum.
While working for HP, Ed held various executive positions:
- Vice President/Chief Technology Officer, Personal Systems Group
- Vice President/Chief Technology Office, Computing Systems Organization
- Co-leader for Enterprise Systems Group of the HP/Compaq merger integration
- GeneralManager, Singapore Networks Operation, Telecommunication Systems Business Unit
- R&D lab manager positions in various HP’s businesses such as networking, computing systems and distributed computing.
- Through the years, Ed was instrumental in facilitating the development of HP’s China strategies, the establishment of relationship with OEM/ODM partners in Taiwan, as well as setting up manufacturing sites, product development centers, software and service centers of HP in China and Taiwan.
Ed also served as Chairman of several leading Chinese American associations in the United States and around the world such as Monte Jade Science & Technology (Global and Silicon Valley), Chinese Institute of Engineering (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter) and Chinese Software Professional Association.
Ed Yang is a Partner of iD Ventures America. Ed retired in 2005 after over 25 years of services with Hewlett-Packard Company in Silicon Valley. While at HP, Ed held various positions including VP/CTO of Personal Systems Group and Computing Systems Organization, Co-Leader for Enterprise Systems of HP/Compaq merger, General Manager, R&D Lab Managers, etc. Ed is serving as independent board member for Lite-On. Ed received BS degree in EE from National Cheng-Kung University, Engineering Diploma from Philips International Institute, MS in EE from Oregon State University and Certificate of Completion of Stanford Executive Program. Ed served as Chairman of Chinese Software Professional Association, Chinese Institute of Engineers (SF Chapter), Monte Jade West, Monte Jade Global, San Jose Tech Museum, etc.